If you are interested to support our services, become an associate member of Melaleuca Refugee Centre. Membership is free of charge and helps support Melaleuca in continuing its valuable service.
Benefits of membership:
As an associate member you:
- support refugees living in the Northern Territory
- have voting rights and are invited to the Annual General Meeting
- can nominate for our Committee of Management
- receive regular news and updates
- join in events and celebrations
How to become an associate member of Melaleuca Refugee Centre
- Download the Membership Application Form
- Complete the application form and submit it by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application should be supported by two existing members. If you do not know any other member please send a copy of your resume with your application.
- An email will be sent to you to confirm your application has been received.
- The application will be processed within 2 weeks as the approval of two current members is required
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions about any part of the above process, please phone or email Melaleuca Refugee Centre on: (08) 8985 3311, email@example.com
Committee of Management Membership
Melaleuca Refugee Centre has a community-based Committee of Management (COM), which has appointed a Director to manage the day-to-day operations of the organisation. The COM is elected from and by associate members of the organisation and is responsible for setting strategic directions and determining how they will be implemented. The COM meets not less than 8 times a year.
The Committee of Management consists of:
- a Chairperson
- a Deputy Chairperson
- a Treasurer
- a Secretary
- a Public Officer
- and up to seven other members
COM members are nominated by associate members and are elected at the annual general meeting.
Nomination Form to join the committee of management